A thriving metropolis with world-class art galleries, fabulous shopping, cosy Christmas Markets, a fun-loving population, good beer and a vibrant alternative scene - Cologne is a surprisingly well-kept travel secret.
Things to see and do
- Spend time wandering around the awe-inspiring Gothic masterpiece - the Dom (Cathedral).
- Spend time browsing the quirky boutiques for that special gift or trendy piece of clothing.
- Admire the stunning views over the Rhine and the old town skyline from the Kolner Seibhan (cable car).
- Visit the Philharmonic Hall and listen to one of the daily performances, from modern classical to jazz, folk and pop music.
- Visit the Chocolate Museum, learn all about your favourite food - and eat it!
- Pamper yourself in the natural thermal waters of Claudius Therme with its numerous pools, saunas and steam baths.
Weather in Cologne
Our month-by-month guide to the weather and climate in Cologne