The capital of Belgium is a cosmopolitan city with ornate guild houses, elegant boulevards and impressive monuments. With its historic centre, talented chocolatiers and cheerful cafés it’s no wonder that Brussels is such a popular short break choice, check out our great Eurostar deals to Brussels.
Things to see and do
- Grand' Place - This beautiful square is flanked by the ornate Town Hall and Guild Houses; at night it is illuminated by a spectacular light show.
- Mannekin - Pis Duquesnoy's celebrated statue has been a tourist attraction for centuries.
- Palais Royal - This imposing palace is now the office of the King of Belgium and houses an interesting museum about the Belgian Royal.
- Atomium - Built for the 1958 World Fair, nine shining spheres representing an iron cystal magnified 165 billion times, stand 103m high as a space-age symbol of the city.
- Cathedral of St Michel & St Gudule - This 13th century Gothic cathedral stands on site of an earlier 11th century church.
- Discover the Art Nouveau buildings sprinkled around the city, and be sure to visit the Horta Museum, the former home of the architect Victor Horta.
- Go browsing for antiques in the area around chich Sablon Square.
- Learn about the European Parliament with a free audio-guided tour of the debating chamber.
- Enjoy the open air at Jubilee Park, one of the largest parks in Brussels covering 75 acres and laid out in formal symmetrical alleyways.
Weather in Brussels
Our month-by-month guide to the weather and climate in Brussels