The fun-loving and vivacious city of Antwerp is the hub of the diamond trade and with over 2,000 lively bars and hundreds of dining options it is fast becoming a city to rival Amsterdam. This fashionable city boasts elegant architecture and a vibrant café scene.
Things to do
- Central Station - This impressive neo-gothic railway station is the perfect place to have lunch and people-watch.
- Grote Markt - With its magnificent architecture and charming cobbled streets, this bustling central square is the best place to start if you’re wondering where to go in Antwerp.
- MAS (Museum aan de Stroom) - A modern museum featuring five floors of Antwerp’s cultural history and a rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of the city.
- Rubens House - Home and studio of leading Baroque artist, Peter Paul Rubens.
- Comic Strip Walls - To honour famous Belgian comics, several walls in the city have been transformed into a super-sized comic strip.
- Plantin-Moretus Museum - Admire the two oldest printing presses in the world, priceless manuscripts and a 17th-century bookshop.
- Escape the noise of the city and soak in the peaceful atmosphere at the Cathedral of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouweathedral).
- Enjoy a glass of traditional Belgian beer at one of the many cozy cafes in Grote Markt.
- Take a stroll around Antwerp’s vibrant Diamond District, and remember to barter if you decide to make a purchase.
Weather in Antwerp
Our month-by-month guide to the weather and climate in Antwerp